Working for the Lombard Park District is fun and you’ll make a difference in the community! We employ full, part-time and seasonal staff in a variety of positions.
Download our Employment Application
Thank you for your interest. There are currently no full-time opportunities available.
Graphic Design and Marketing Internship
The Lombard Park District offers an internship for college students majoring in Graphic Design and/or Marketing and Communications. This program is designed to provide the intern with the first-hand knowledge and understanding of public recreation agencies. Students will be provided the opportunity to integrate and apply knowledge, theory and understanding from the academic setting to the “real world” working environment. Under the direction of the Marketing and Communications Coordinator the Graphic Design and Marketing Intern assists with overall marketing and communication operations at the Lombard Park District. Must possess a valid drivers license and provide own transportation.
- Assist in completion of specific tactics of the marketing plan including advertising, public relations, programs, special events, etc. with the highest quality standards, creativity, accuracy and effectiveness.
- Assist with the creation, production and delivery of the seasonal activity guide.
- Attend and provide support at various special events and functions.
- Design communication pieces including flyers, posters, brochures, and bulletin boards.
- Write and submit press releases, develop e-newsletters, maintain social media.
- Assist with taking photos of special events and maintain a photo library.
- Attends meetings and work functions when necessary.
- Must demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient on Microsoft Office/Internet.
- Must be proficient on Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must be flexible and able to work hours, which includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Graphic design experience required.